For some, they went from experimenting with drugs and alcohol to a full blown addiction in a matter of months. Others drank and used for years before they started to experience serious consequences.
If you have started noticing that your drug and alcohol use is starting to interfere with your everyday life and the relationships you have with others, you may be asking yourself “Do I need drug treatment?”
The following are several signs that you might need drug treatment:
- You can’t stop—or stay stopped
- People comment on your physical appearance—expressing concern
- You resolve to quit using—but then tell yourself you didn’t really mean it
- You make excuses for your drug and alcohol use—it’s only a phase, it’s my job, I’ll snap out of it…
- The “yets” start happening—the things you swore you would never do—like using needles, getting arrested, using in the morning etc…
- You start experiencing depression/anxiety as a result of your drug and alcohol use
- Once you pick up you have no control over when you will stop or where your use will take you
- You have chosen drugs or alcohol over friends and family
- You experience obsessive, intrusive thoughts about drinking or using, with your mind always on that next drink or fix
If you can relate to 2 or more of these signs, you may need drug treatment. However, ultimately, it’s not about how much you drink or how much you use but what happens and how it makes you feel. Addiction is not only a physical disease, but a mental and spiritual one as well. Many addicts share a sense of loneliness and the feeling of being uncomfortable in their own skin. They describe constantly feeling an emptiness that they were trying to fill.
Florida is home to a number of drug treatment centers. Staffed by some of the best addictions professionals in the county, Florida is renowned for its drug and alcohol rehab facilities.
There is a Solution is a treatment placement service. We help people looking for treatment determine if they have a problem and what the best level of care for them is. We explain the different stages of the recovery process and guide individuals and their families as they navigate early sobriety.
To learn more about There is a Solution or different drug treatment centers in Florida, call now: 1-800-832-5250. Our caring team members are available 24/7 to talk to you.