Not all treatment centers offer the same level of care. In fact, many drug and alcohol rehabs continue to use outdated approaches as part of their program. So what should you look for in a drug treatment facility if you are trying to find one for yourself or a loved one?
Here are 5 things to look for when you are searching for an addiction program in Florida:
- Is the staff credentialed and experienced? Addiction is a complex illness that is often accompanied by underlying factors such as mental illness or trauma. You want to find a program with Master’s level licensed mental health counselors and a medical staff that consists of a board certified psychiatrist.
- You want a treatment facility that practices a multi-modal approach. This refers to using a number of different therapies and offering a variety of services so clients can choose what path is right for them.
- The rehab you choose should rely on evidence-based approaches. As new findings are made in the addiction field, we understand more about the nature of the disease and how to better help men and women achieve lasting sobriety. Cognitive behavioral therapy in particular has shown to be an effective way to help addicts let go of old behaviors and embrace new ones.
- The therapist or case manager should provide you with a detailed aftercare plan. This may include outpatient treatment or helping you find a sober living home. Long term care has been proven time and time again to be the most effective way to prevent relapse.
- Can you afford it? Depending on your insurance, treatment may not cost you anything. Find a treatment that accepts you insurance or, if you are paying out of pocket, find a place that works on a sliding scale. It’s important to keep in mind the money you have spent on your addiction. Some people balk at the idea of paying for treatment, but in the long run it will be far less costly than their addiction.
There is a Solution is a network of some of the best drug and alcohol treatment centers in Florida. We have helped countless people find affordable, effective treatment. We have researched each of the facilities we work with to ensure that they are able to offer the best treatment possible.
For more information about addiction treatment in Florida, call There is a Solution today at 1-800-832-5250.